Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy weekend= more creativity=meeting=so much to tell

I wanted to share with you a couple of things I made this weekend. I got a little excited and started some Christmas cards already, ya I know it is only October, but I could not resist.







I also made a cute note pad, I use a 4x6 sticky note pad and covered it.


I am going to work on some Thanksgiving stuff next but just wanted to do a test run on some Christmas cards.

I also went to a couple of bridal shows this weekend just to take a peek. I met a wonderful lady from Snow Mountain Ranch in Winter Park, her name is Stacy Horn, she was such a joy to chat with, I hope to do some business with her in the future.
I have also been doing alot of back office work on my business, boy can that be time consuming, I am still trying to get my husband to pick up some of that slack but I think he likes helping put invitations together better :)

Now on to some other news I am just thrilled about. I had a meeting with an old friend last week Rebekah and I am happy to announce that The Papery Willow is partnering up with 5280 wedding connection to build a vendor network group for the wedding vendors in our community, our first meeting is November 8th.
We are building this group to help promote the local vendors in the wedding industry, I wanted to create this because there are no networking groups for the wedding vendors and if there are not to many, there are tons of other great networking groups but they just did not seem to fit with what I was doing or trying to promote.
We are looking for some great things to happen in 2010
  • bridal shows
  • bridal luncheons
  • and a chance to give back to our community
Things are looking good and I am so excited to have found someone to partner with that has the same passion as I.


I also decided to apply for the leading lady award by Ladies who launch
this is another great resource that I am going to become very active in. So many things have clouded my vision this year and now I am free of it and ready to do what I have to do and do what I want to do. Some people feel their way is the only way, I feel it is your choice to make, there is no right way or wrong way as long as you learn from your mistakes, turn your negative it to positve and move on, the ones who do not move on are the ones who will not succeed, I refuse to be the one who does not succeed. I am committed to helping others grow their business by promoting them, and giving the encourement they need. I feel it is so important to have a mentor when building your business and in the past have not had any mentor, but I am on the right track now.
so keep on checking back and watch me grow, everytime I am hit with a hardball I get up and fight even harder.
Thank you to all who have supported me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to say hello & welcome you to The Scrap-a-Teeny Girls blog! You have some beautiful work & I hope that you will come by & introduce yourself to us at the Barn on Halloween if you can! Who knows...maybe another door can open!
    Take care! Becky - a Scrap-a-Teeny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet friend, I'm SO very proud of your new venture with TPW - I just knew you had it in you! I can't wait to see what you have in store, keep up the great work that you do. Psst, look for my 'Friday Feature' about you tomorrow. ♥ and hugs, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy