Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tis the season

It has been a while since I have posted something, it is amazing how time just goes by, I cannot believe it is already going to be Christmas? I was a little worried this year due to I got laid off my job, my end date was to be November 30th. I just had to take a deep breath and know that everything was going to be ok. I knew my kids and everyone else would understand that Christmas would be a little thin, but it would be hard for me since I love the season and I love giving. Then I got word that they would be extending my stay for another 30 days, I was happy, now I knew everything was going to be ok.



This year we decided to get a real tree, at first I was excited but remembered why we have had artificial, so next year we will go back to that. But I was happy when we bought the tree that a portion went to a charity of our choice so that was a good thing.

I also belong to a moms group Moms like me and although I do not post as much as I use to, I still keep up with some things and when I heard they were adopting 4-5 families this year I had to jump in, we bought some gifts for some of the kids and I also made little treats for the kids, I was happy to do this since I use to make all kinds of little treats when my girls were younger for their classmates, but since they are older 12 & 17 I don't do that anymore, but I did make these for my daughters co-workers. It is tough when you do not have little ones, you miss out on doing the little crafty things. Although I do have two small grandkids my daughter has taken all that away from me, we don't get to see them, and it is very sad, but that is a whole other story, I will just focus on the positive this Christmas season and enjoy my family.




I also started another project called The Wedding Connectors I created this due to there were no networking groups for people in the wedding industry, we have already had two meet-ups and they have been great successes. We plan on doing a wedding show, bridal luncheons, and other great events. The people that I have met have the same passion as I do and it is so exciting. So if you are a local vendor or no someone who is getting married come to us.

Enough of my rambling :) that is it for now I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Remember to embrace what you have, give to others and celebrate each day.

1 comment:

  1. looking good babs. hope you have the happiest of holidays. hugs, rachel

    ReplyDelete

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy